14 Tips To Boost Your Profits Through Social Media
- When Social Media Becomes Strategic
Today we will explore social media as part of a whole marketing process and discover tips that can guarantee a profitable boost to your profits.
Your potential customers are online daily through all the social platforms, making it a great opportunity to increase brand awareness and build authentic relationships online. Indeed, you need engagement to build your loyal following, expose your message through social sharing, and get people’s reactions. Your fans can be your loyal advocates...
More than 50% of users recommend products in their tweets, so are your products being recommended ? What is the image your customers are conveying in regards to your brand on the social networks?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to increase your revenue through Social Media:
- Understand what you want to achieve from your Social Media Strategy. Define your target and marketing plan by defining the objectives you wish to achieve for your business using social networks. Do you want to build awareness to your brand, get more visibility, more traffic or reach more clients? Without clear goals, you won’t achieve your full ROI.
- Always consider your brand’s positioning and tone of voice in your action plan. If you didn’t find your tone of voice yet, here are some of the questions you should ask yourself :
- Imagine your brand was a person. Now, what kind of personality would it have? And what would be their relationship to the consumer? (a coach, friend, teacher, dad, etc). Which adjectives your company’s personality is and is not? List them down.
- Which companies have a personality that is similar to yours? Why are they similar?
- Which image would you like to convey to your customers about your company?
- Facebook users count as 71% of online adults.
- Twitter users count as 23% of online adults, knowing that most users are younger adults.
- Instagram users count as 26% of online adults. Most users age between 18 and 29.
- Pinterest users count as 28%, with mostly women and those in the highest income bracket.
- LinkedIn users count as 28%. The platform is a professional networking platform, hence it is mostly used by college graduates, those in higher-income households and the employed.
To get sales from social media, one has to first create and nurture the online relationships on social networks. Adopt a fan-first approach and care as much about what your fans find valuable, as the experience they have with the brand. Once you've established connections with followers, you can start to drop in offers to turn social media activity into online and offline sales.
You can also personalize your offers exclusively to social media in a very targeted manner. Whatever you do, don’t forget to monitor your performance and adjust your strategy accordingly.